Sunday, November 13, 2011

Look at the blue sky! Perfect spring weekend!

It has been a fantastic sunny weekend here in Buenos Aires! the birds are singing and I catch the smell of salty sea air in the evenings from the river plate which is so so nice! Oh it makes me eager for my home on the coast in Australia! I miss it so much.
And just as I'm writing this a car with some very loud speakers pumping out cumbia is driving past and bringing me back to the reality of where I live.. in another country.. Argentina. It's an amazing experience!

I guess I wanted to say how blessed I am to have such lovely friends here in Quilmes! Nati is my favourite (not that I have favourites, but she is a super special and beautiful person! I love her a lot!)
Here is  a photo of us near her house in the park demonstrating how to play on one of the homemade park additions! haha- very fun times!
We have been meeting every Wednesday after work at my house or her's and we practice our spanish and english. Her family is beautiful, they are good people and it is an honour to be welcomed so warmly- our family away from home. xo

The pool is back open at school which is pretty special- We can walk down anytime from 2pm to 6pm for swims. Beautiful temperature and getting a little sun kissed is nice.
We also booked flights down to El Calafate (Patagonia) for when we return in January. Gonna be doing some camping and trekking down in the national parks and seeing the amazingness of nature Argentina has to offer- from glaciers to the Andes mountains to natural lakes and springs! exciting!!
We are being very organised with our travel plans!! I am already looking into options for July!
Tango band in the markets

Today was a lovely day with my friend Tara who is a fellow teacher at school. We went on a mission into Capital to lazily walk around the markets in Caminito and in San Telmo. Talk about a busy Sunday of people and tourists- but the weather was perfect and the girly company fantastic. We met up for lunch with more friends and then continued to stroll the cobble stoned street.
Let me tell you- November is indeed the month to travel Buenos Aires!!! It is fantastic weather and really green and pretty!! I love it! All the jacaranda trees are just blooming, but the end of the week, there will be purple carpets of flowers all around the place!! I have one growing right outside my office and the music department- so pretty!

So thank you Tara for the fun adventure! The next few weekends hold some events- we are planning to repaint our bedroom from the medical green colour to white.. (this is a plan people..)
and in 2 weeks will be spending yet another long weekend (there are many long weekends here in Arg) down in Pinamar for the first time in a long time of some ocean goodness!!
Beautiful old church surrounded by the markets in San Telmo

It is all winding down now so fast to the holidays! and in between then and now there is lots going on at school with a big Music Interhouse competition (students representing their house by singing or playing an instrument or being in a band to get points for their house), Woodstock (a student stage/performing opportunity in front of the other students), reports (we all know what those are.. dang), and wrapping up the year!

5 weeks to go!

Besos,
love miki

3 comments:

  1. It all just looks like such fun.....but can't wait to see you guys soon at the wedding of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you guys so much! You are looking gorgeous Miki. I'd love to wander the cobble street markets with you! boo hoo for not being together :( See you in 5 my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola senora,

    Thought about you guys and googled you and came up with this page. Looks like you've had an awesome time in Argentina. Wow...amazing!

    let's catch up when you return to oz.

    Love,

    Alan & Evelin

    ReplyDelete